What topics will you cover?
- The nature of learning design in the context of blended and online learning
- The Conversational Framework as a tool for thinking about learning design and assessment
- Digital tools and resources, and how to optimise your learning management system for your students
- The Learning Designer tool and its uses for borrowing, planning, creating and sharing design ideas with other teachers, across and within subject areas
- Learning designs and types of formative assessment for blended and online learning to achieve different types of learning outcome
- Implementing online learning across your institution
See what’s possible with digital technologies and online learning methods
You’ll understand the nature of learning design in the context of both blended and wholly online learning, and will explore the Conversational Framework concept; the notion that the teaching-learning process is an interactive exchange of concepts and practice, using the ideas of social construction and collaborative learning.
You’ll explore a range of digital tools and resources, including the Learning Designer tool, a free online tool to help teachers and lecturers design teaching and learning activities and share their learning designs with one another across all subjects.
Optimise both blended and online learning methods for your students
Through using this tool, you’ll learn how to optimise synchronous and asynchronous learning, and will explore how to implement videos, screencasts, forums, shared learning designs, polls, quizzes and to bring a selection of digital tools into your teaching techniques.
You’ll assess a wide range of learning designs and formative assessment methods for both blended and online learning in order to achieve specific types of learning outcomes.