Apache Cordova API Cookbook
Instead of just showing short snippets of code to explain a particular API, this guide is chock full of complete examples. You’ll find more than thirty complete Cordova applications that work on Android, iOS, Windows, and more. The sample applications demonstrate exactly what each API does and how it works, while the chapter content describes the limitations on the leading target platforms (and even offers possible workarounds).
Through realistic “cookbook” example code, mobile developer John Wargo helps you master the Cordova APIs and understand how to use them in your Cordova applications.
- Accelerometers, compass, and geolocation
- Image, video, and audio–capture, playback, and management
- Determining connection and device information
- Interacting with the Contacts application
- Responding to application events
- Accessing the device file system
- Globalizing apps
- Using the InAppBrowser
- Custom splash screens
Special care has been taken to make the code easily readable and digestible by the reader. This guide provides the most accessible coverage, anywhere, of Apache Cordova APIs.