Applying Strategic Leadership in Education
This course will explore the practices and philosophies of effective strategic leaders and guide you in applying these techniques into your own practice.
We will study how school leaders work strategically to develop organisations that are driven towards a clear shared vision, with motivated staff, engaged students, and a supportive school community. You will be encouraged to study leadership in your own workplace and find out how leadership impacts on learning.
You will reflect on your own leadership strengths and opportunities and develop a 21 day plan for personal leadership growth.
This course is aimed at school teachers in leadership roles who are looking to advance their career as a:
- head teacher
- assistant or deputy principal
- organisational leader
- or in educational policy or advisory roles.
This course is registered withthe New South Wales Educational Standards Authority (NESA) (Australia). CompletingEDLMx2 Applying Strategic Leadership in Education will contribute 12 hoursof NESA Registered PD addressing6.1.4 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Lead Teacher Accreditation in NSW ( Pending ).
What Will I Learn?
- Identify theoretical approaches to responsible leadership
- Examine the relationship between international leadership and management
- Identify and analyse leadership styles and skills in the context of international organisations
- Discuss the roles of leaders and managers in achieving organisational objectives