Differentiation for Learning
Learn effective differentiation for learning to enable all students to progress
Every student is different, entering classrooms with varying ideas and understanding. This course will help you improve your understanding and use of differentiating for learning for both primary and secondary education.
You will explore the key principles of effective differentiation for learning, see how teachers use these approaches in their classrooms, and learn how to differentiate for learning by task. Real classroom footage and examples are provided from science and maths lessons.
You will leave the course feeling confident in your ability to respond to evidence of your students’ learning and address their different needs.
What Will I Learn?
- Describe the key principles of differentiation for learning.
- Evaluate a range of practical ideas that can be used to scaffold students’ learning.
- Collect and analyse evidence from students on changes implemented in the classroom in order to critically reflect on own practice in order to prioritise next steps in own development
- Develop a classroom culture that motivates all learners.
- Identify approaches to increase challenge and ownership of learning within their teaching context.