Financial Analysis for Business Decisions
Explore how to use financial analysis tools to drive better business decisions
Do you want to boost your financial planning and analysis skills? Collectively, we produce 2.5 quintillion bytes of data daily.Modern organisations must continually leverage this data in decision-making processes to gain a competitive advantage. Data-driven businesses are three times more likely to be confident in their business decision making, according to one PwC survey. Finance has always been data-driven. There is a growing expectation, however, that finance professionals will possess advanced data analysis skills. In 2018, 86% of financial services firms were planning to increase their usage of big data analytics.
Get empowered to lead data-driven decision making
This ExpertTrack is designed to equip finance professionals with the digital analysis skills to prosper in this context. The featured financial management courses contain valuable introductions to key data analysis tools and techniques. Gaining financial data analysis skills could boost your career. Analytical reasoning was LinkedIn’s third most in-demand skill with employers in both 2019 and 2020. Job postings calling for data visualisation have grown by 540% over the last ﬁve years. Those calling for Tableau skills have risen by over 1,000%
Develop a broad base of financial analysis skills
The financial management courses in this ExpertTrack cover a wide range of financial analysis skills. You will learn:
- how to use common financial data analysis tools, such as regression and sensitivity analyses
- capital project management
- how to calculate working capital, cash conversion cycles, and bond and stock valuations
- best practice accounting policy
- how to raise short-term financing
- how to raise capital with stocks and bonds vs. investment
- how to use financial modelling and financial assumptions
- how to use Tableau for data visualisation
- how to do a SWOT analysis Equipped with these financial analysis skills, you’ll be ready to lead data-driven business decision making.
Content for this ExpertTrack has been adapted from the Financial Analysis and Decision Making Microcredential – if you want to find out more, take a look at the Microcredential which offers smaller cohorts with tutor interactions and academic credit.
We recommend you use a computer to access the courses in this ExpertTrack.
What Will I Learn?
- Financial analysis
- Budget planning
- Budget forecasting
- Insights communication
- Data Visualisation
- Data-driven decision making
- Sensitivity analysis
- Regression analysis
- Capital planning
- Financial modelling
- Data analytics