Forensic Psychology: Witness Investigation
Try to solve a crime using nothing but eyewitness evidence
Despite advances in forensic science, eyewitness testimony remains a critical component of criminal investigations. But psychological research has revealed the dangers of relying on this testimony and how careful the police must be when questioning witnesses.
Using videos of real witnesses, from behind the scenes of a police investigation, this course explores the psychology of eyewitness testimony.
You will get the chance to test your own cognitive skills and see if your investigative powers are as good as police officers’, as you try to solve a crime using nothing but eyewitness evidence.
What Will I Learn?
- Investigate and understand the psychology of eyewitness testimony
- Develop your own investigative skills
- Explore human cognition and discover the mistakes your own brain can make
- Discuss concepts of criminal investigation
- Explore and consider the relationship between limitations of the human brain and miscarriages of justice