GIAC Security Essentials GSEC Training Course
Advance your career in IT security with this video-based, online, certification training course. Upon completion of this self-paced course, youll be fully prepared to take the GIAC Security Essentials exam to earn your GSEC certification. The 11 hours of expert-led lessons included in this course cover every objective on the exam. Youll also get flashcards and quizzes to maximize learning, and 2 sample tests to practice taking the exam. Through the guided labs provided, youll build real-world, hands-on experience combating security threats.
Skill level | Beginner to intermediate
- Anyone preparing for the GIAC Security Essentials exam to become GSEC certified
- Anyone eager to learn security solutions implementation on a path to more advanced security administration and engineering skills
- Anyone looking for techniques to detect and prevent cybersecurity attacks
It is recommended, but not required, that candidates for this course have the knowledge of information security fundamentals offered by the CompTIA Security+ training course
For an optimal course experience, we recommend using these browsers and devices.
- 11 hours of expert-led training videos to watch and learn at your own pace
- Hands-on labs to simulate real-world experience combating security threats
- Self-study tools, such as flashcards to master key terms and quizzes to self-assess your progress
- 2 complete practice tests to ensure youre ready to take the GSEC exam with confidence
- 1 year of access*
This Pearson IT Training Course will help you master the skills tested on the GSEC exam, including but not limited to:
- Managing network security, including device, web communication, and wireless network security
- Preparing for malicious attacks by implementing active defense strategies
- Assessing threats through vulnerability scanning and managing penetration testing to ensure systems are prepared for attacks
- Applying cryptography and risk management strategies
- Handling incident response and contingency plans
- Working with the tools and utilities Microsoft Windows provides for security
- Working with the services and utilities Linux provides for security
- Implementing, monitoring, and maintaining enterprise security in the real world
Didn’t pass your certification exam on your first try? We’ll give you six months of additional access at no cost.
Pearson IT Training Courses are complete and affordable packages of expert-led, self-paced courses designed to help you stand out with in-demand skills that take your career to the next level.
From learning to hands-on practice and application, our comprehensive certification prep courses ensure you are ready for exam success.