Professional Certification in Full Stack Cloud Developer
This Professional Certificate will provide you with a broad set of skills and the technical aptitude to launch your career as a Full Stack Cloud Developer. You will build cloud-based applications with the support of IBM experts, practice your skills with hands-on labs, and complete projects designed to sharpen your skills and help you build your portfolio.
The Full Stack Developer program will teach you the tools and technologies that successful software developers and web developers use to build, deploy, test, run and manage Full Stack Cloud Native applications – putting you in an advantageous position to begin a new career in a fast -growing field.
In the Final Project, you will demonstrate your proficiency in applying various Cloud Native tools and technologies. You will create a cloud environment using IBM Cloud to build and deploy an application consisting of multiple microservices using CI / CD.
After completing the Full Stack Cloud Developer program, you will have acquired the skills to develop, deploy, run and manage applications using front-end and back-end technologies and will be ready to embark on one of the fastest growing career paths.
What Will I Learn?
- Describe the core concepts of cloud computing, cloud models and architectures,
- Explain Cloud Native and apply DevOps practices with a CI / CD toolchain on IBM Cloud, and Git to continuously develop and update Cloud applications.
- Develop full-stack native cloud applications using Node.js framework for server-side and React for front-end. Extend your applications with third-party packages, REST APIs and AI services such as IBM Watson.
- Define containerization technology and state the significance of containers to Cloud Native. Build Docker images, and orchestrate & scale applications using the Kubernetes ecosystem.
- Recall the fundamentals of Python, one of the most popular and beginner friendly programming languages and employ various Python programming constructs to create a Cloud application.
- Discuss the differences between relational and NoSQL databases. Compose SQL queries to insert, select, update, delete and join data in a database. Explain Object Relational Model (ORM) and employ Django ORM to develop a database powered application.
- Describe and apply best practices in secure cloud computing, by adding authentication and encryption to your application.
- Summarize the essentials of Microservices, Serverless Computing, and their importance for Cloud Native development. Compose an application using several microservices and deploy it on a private, public or hybrid cloud with OpenShift.
- Demonstrate your proficiency in applying various Cloud Native tools and technologies to develop, deploy, run, and update applications on a cloud platform.