Professional Certification Public Management for Development
Promoting economic and social development in Latin America and the Caribbean depends on many factors; and one of the most important is public management: a complex process, in which many actors participate, with different visions, ideas, objectives … How to survive in this context and achieve development efficiently and effectively?
We have an opportunity for you! The Inter-American Institute for Economic and Social Development (INDES) of the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) has created three online courses that, together, will provide you with the tools to achieve this:
- Management of Subnational Governments for Results
- Development Project Management
- Data for the Effectiveness of Public Policies
What should we pay attention to in order to achieve adequate public management? How to properly plan, manage and evaluate a project or a public policy? How do we get the most out of the data and visualizations we receive for public policy decision making? And, of course: what success stories can we find in Latin America and the Caribbean?
Develop your skills and abilities with the help of experts from the IDB and invited organizations. Videos, readings, discussion forums, comics, case studies, practical exercises … these are just some of the resources you will have to learn.
If you obtain the verified certificate for each of the three courses, the IDB will provide you with the Professional Certificate “Public Management for Development.”
You know, the opportunity is here. You just have to take it! We wait for you in our courses.
What Will I Learn?
- Identify and apply the five pillars of results-based management in the public sphere, in order to make public management more effective and efficient at the subnational level.
- Identify and apply best practices for the management of development projects, in accordance with the methodology "Project Management for Results" (PM4R) of the IDB.
- Analyze and interpret data and statistical reports to make strategic decisions, in order to improve the quality and effectiveness of public policies.