Python Basics for Data Science!
Please note: Students who successfully complete this IBM course can now earn a digital skills badge – a detailed, verifiable, digital credential that verifies the knowledge and skills you have acquired in this course. Sign up for more information, complete the course, and claim your digital badge.
Begin your learning of Python for data science, as well as general programming with this introduction to Python. This beginner’s Python course will quickly get you from scratch to Python programming in a matter of hours and give you an idea of how to get started with data in Python.
Once completed, you will be able to write your own Python scripts and perform practical basic data analysis using our Jupyter-based lab environment. If you want to learn Python from scratch, this course is for you.
You can start creating your own data science projects and collaborating with other data scientists using IBM Watson Studio. When you sign up, you will receive free access to Watson Studio. Get started now and take advantage of this platform, you will learn the basics of programming, machine learning and data visualization with this introductory course.
What Will I Learn?
- What is Python and why is it useful?
- Python's application to data science
- How to define variables in Python
- Sets and Conditional Declarations in Python
- The purpose of having functions in Python
- How to work with files to read and write data in Python
- How to use pandas, a must-have package for anyone who wants to analyze data in Python