Quantum Computing Fundamentals
ONE-VOLUME INTRODUCTION TO QUANTUM COMPUTING
- Clearly explains core concepts, terminology, and techniques
- Covers the foundational physics, math, and information theory you need
- Provides hands-on practice with quantum programming
- The perfect beginners guide for anyone interested in a quantum computing career
Dr. Chuck Easttom brings together complete coverage of basic quantum computing concepts, terminology, and issues, along with key skills to get you started.
Drawing on 30+ years as a computer science instructor, consultant, and researcher, Easttom demystifies the fields underlying technical concepts and math, shows how quantum computing systems are designed and built, explains their implications for cyber security, and previews advances in quantum-resistant cryptography. Writing clearly and simply, he introduces two of todays leading quantum programming languages, Microsoft Q# and QASM, and guides you through sample projects. Throughout, tests, projects, and review questions help you deepen and apply your knowledge.
Whether youre a student, professional, or manager, this guide will prepare you for the quantum computing revolution–and expand your career options, too.
- Master the linear algebra and other mathematical skills youll need
- Explore key physics ideas such as quantum states and uncertainty
- Review data structures, algorithms, and computing complexity
- Work with probability and set theory in quantum computing
- Familiarize yourself with basic quantum theory and formulae
- Understand quantum entanglement and quantum key distribution
- Discover how quantum computers are architected and built
- Explore several leading quantum algorithms
- Compare quantum and conventional asymmetric algorithms
- See how quantum computing might break traditional cryptography
- Discover several approaches to quantum-resistant cryptography
- Start coding with Q#, Microsofts quantum programming language
- Simulate quantum gates and algorithms with QASM